"Probably the most widely praised tango festival in the United States"
8/22/14 - John Miller, Colorado's busiest DJ has agreed to DJ our Thursday night opening milonga at the spectacular Las Puertas Event Center.
3/17/14 - Vincent Wong, one of L.A.'s hottest tango DJs has agreed to DJ a milonga during our 2014 festival.
3/4/14 - Homer and Cristina Ladas have agreed to instruct at our 2014 festival. I have been working to land them for four years but an existing annual comitment that they had precluded our festival. But this year we got them!
2/1/14 - Eva Garlez and Pablo Rodriquez agree to instruct at 2014 festival. Eva and Pablo bring an exciting youthfulness and vigor and are perhaps the most known of the "guardia nueva" of milonguero style tango. I have benefited greatly from studying with privatly both in Buenos Aires and during their first U.S. tour last year and found them to be inspirational and first-rate instructors. I am thrilled to have landed them for our 2014 festival.
Join us for the fifth annual Albuquerque Tango Festival. At our 2013 festival over 650 dancers enjoyed the world-class instructors and DJs, the huge (4,000 SF) dance floor, our warm and welcoming tango community, the high levels of floor craft, and our signature touch, cake at every milonga. Our 2014 festival is shaping up to be bigger, better, and even more friendly. Don’t miss it.
- Over 30 hours of milongas with world-class DJs
- Two full days of group classes (Saturday and Sunday)
- New this year: our exclusive Tango Clinic which will allow you to work directly with the festival instructor of your choice, in an intimate group (no more than five couples), on those things in your tango technique that may be holding you back. Expect huge and sudden gains!
- Our giant 3,000 SF main dance floor and two auxillary floors, all in a 14,000 ballroom!
- Our signature touch: A custom-baked cake at every milonga
- One of the friendliest, most welcoming tango communities anywhere.
- Venue: A fantastic venue, the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, which offers abundant space and which is adjacet to Old Town, which puts over 13 cafes, restaurants, galleries, and shops a short stroll away.
My goal in organizing the Albuquerque Tango Festival is to provide the elements, environment, and support that will allow dancers to have their deepest tango experiences ever.
The fourth annual
October 30 - November 2, 2014
Don't miss our 5th annual 24-hour 1/2 price festival pass sale for the 2014 Albuquerque Tango Festival. This year's legendary one-day-only half price sale will take place on the first Sunday in August, August 3rd.