Please Read Carefully Before Registering
1. Two Ways to Register. You may register online using the PayPal buttons on this page or you may download, print, complete, and return the mail-in form linked to on this page. See Bonus Offer to the right for additional incentives to mail in your registration, and thereby save us the PayPal fee.
2. Refunds: All regular-priced passes are fully refundable on a "no questions asked" basis until the day the festival starts. However, if you cancel your pass more than sixty days after purchasing it (the point at which PayPal will not refund their fee when we make a refund to you), we will deduct the PayPal fee from your refund.
3. Your Receipt: The receipt emailed to you by PayPal is the only receipt you will receive. You will not receive an additional receipt from the festival. We download our registration list directly from PayPal, so if your transaction was processed by PayPal, rest assured that you are registered!
4. This is not a gender-balanced festival: We do not turn anyone away, nor limit the number of participants, nor discriminate in any way based on gender or lead/follow preference. Neither do we offer pricing incentives based on gender or lead/follow preference. We treat everyone equally. At this festival you will not be turned away nor placed on a waiting list because you are a follower.
Consequently, the gender ratio for the Albuquerque Tango Festival mirrors that of the U.S. tango community overall, with slightly more women than men, more followers than leaders. If it is highly important to you that there be absolute gender balance, this is not the best festival for you! You might instead consider one of the many wonderful, top notch, encuentro-style events that are held around the country each year, which are strictly gender-balanced (but which also often turn away followers or place them on wait lists). Our philosophy is, rather than to limit participation based on gender or lead/follow preference, to instead be transparent and open about not being a gender-balanced event, so that dancers can decide for themselves whether or not to attend based on how important gender balance is to their experience.
5. Our class are very large! We run four classes simultaneously Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and still the class sizes are very large, often well over 100 dancers. I know this is not an ideal learning environment but there no space to offer additional classes. So if you are wondering whether to buy a Milonga Only or a Full Festival pass, think about whether you would be comfortable in such a large class. You may want to purchase a Milonga Only pass, and then maybe purchase one or two individual class passes for classes or instructors of particular interest.
6. Who's Coming List: Due to attendee's privacy concerns, we no longer publish a "Who's Coming" list. Rather, if you would like, please indicate your intent to come on the Facebook event page for this year's festival.
7. Terms and Conditions: Liability Waiver: Dancing tango involves some inherent bodily risk and close physical contact. By registering, you agree to hold harmless and to waive any claim for injury of any type against the Albuquerque Tango Festival LLC, Daniel Boardman, all festival employees, subcontractors, and volunteers.